WhatsApp Web is the web version of one of the most popular mobile app WhatsApp messenger. It allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages online using your Desktop or tablet. Accessing WhatsApp on your Desktop does not mean that you have to open another account using a new phone number to operate it. It is basically the same account that you are accessing in your phone but the web version. It provides the dual accessibility of WhatsApp messenger.
You can instantly send and receive messages through Whatsapp Web as it has the same functionality as the WhatsApp on your mobile phone. Once you connect the WhatsApp account in WhatsApp web, all the messages will be synced within some time and you can see all the messages on both of your devices. Any messages that you send using WhatsApp web will be also available in WhatsApp messenger on your phone.
How to use WhatsApp Web on Desktop?
Using WhatsApp Web is not rocket science, it is very easy to use. But for some people who never used it may not know about it. You can follow our quick guide on how to use WhatsApp Web on PC. Just ensure that your mobile is always actively connected to the internet for WhatsApp Web to work. If your mobile phone is not connected to the internet you cannot send or receive messages on WhatsApp Web.
- Open web.whatsapp.com on a web browser on your Desktop.
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Settings Icon and open WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- Scan the on-screen QR Code using the WhatsApp Scanner from your mobile phone.
- As you scan the QR Code, your WhatsApp account will be now accessible through your PC.
- All the messages will be synced across and anything that you do one device will be applicable to both.
How to logout from WhatsApp Web?
Once you are done with the use of WhatsApp Web, you should logout from the WhatsApp as it is not safe to keep your WhatsApp account opened in Desktop while you are not using it. You may follow out simple guide on how to logout from WhatsApp Web.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your mobile device.
- Click on the Settings Icon (3 dots at the upper-left side of the screen).
- Click on WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- It will show all the active sessions there. Scroll and tap on Log out from all devices.
- Confirm by tapping on Log Out.
- You have now logged out from all the active sessions.
Alternatively, you can directly logout from WhatsApp Web by simply clicking on the Menu icon (3 dots at the upper-left side of the screen) and clicking on Log out.
WhatsApp and Instagram global outage
As per the report there was 40 mins global outage of WhatsApp and Instagram on 19-03-2021 22:40 pm.