|Real Name:||Naseeruddin Shah|
|Profession :||Actor, Director|
|Debut:||Film: Nishant (1975)
Directorial: Yun Hota to Kya Hota (2006)
|Controversy:||Naseeruddin Shah is a kind of person who never afraid of speaking his mind. Eventually he fell into the controversies many times.
In an interview in 2016, Naseeruddin Shah referred late superstar Rajesh Khanna as a poor actor. He further added that ‘Mediocre actor’ like Rajesh Khanna was responsible for mediocrity in the films in the 70's. However the comment of Shah did not go well with Rajesh Khanna fans and family, and he was criticized for comment on a deceased superstar.
For the promotion of his book ‘memoir’, Shah went to Pakistan in 2015 and while addressing fans and followers in Lahore Library festival, he said that
“Indians are brainwashed into believing that Pakistan is an enemy country without being aware of the historical background. Politicians will change colors whenever it suits them. But artists from both countries must look beyond the political country.”
However this statement hurts the Indian sentiments. Political organization like Shiv Sena issued a statement that only the near and dear ones of the 26/11 victims would understand why there is so much hatred against Pakistan.
In May 2016, Actor Anupam Kher raked up a storm on Twitter when he was vocal about his fight for Kashmiri Pandits. Naseeruddin Shah commented that “A person who has never lived in Kashmir has started a fight for Kashmiri Pandits. Suddenly, he became a displaced person”. Shah’s comment on Anupam Kher drew a sharp reaction from his former co-star and some members of film fraternity.
Kher replied by twiting “By that logic, NRIs should not think about India at all”.
Personal Life Info
|Date Of Barth:||July 20, 1949|
|Age(as in 2019):||70 Years|
|Birth Place:||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign:||Leo|
|School:||St. Anselm's Ajmer, Rajasthan
St Joseph's College, Nainital
|College:||Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh
National School of Drama, Delhi
|Education Qualification:||Graduate in Arts|
|Family:||Father-Aley Mohammed Shah
Brother-Retd. Lt. General Zameerud-din Shah and 2 more
|Address:||04, Sand Pebbles, Perry Cross Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai|
|Hobbies:||Playing Tennis, Reading|
Physical Stats & More
|Height(approx):||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’7”
|Weight(approx):||in Kilograms- 71 kg
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Figure Measurement(approx):||Chest: 39 Inches
Waist: 32 Inches
Biceps: 11 Inches
|Eye Colour:||Dark Brown|
|Favourite Directors:||Neeraj Pandey, Rajkumar Hirani, Neeraj Ghaywan|
|Favourite Actors:||Mohanlal, Nedumudi Venu, Shammi Kapoor, Dara Singh, Boman Irani|
|Favourite Film :||Bollywood: Masaan (2015), Dil Chahta Hai (2001)|
Girlfriend, Affairs & More
|Marriage Date:||1 April 1982 (Ratna Pathak)|
|Affairs/ Girlfriend(s):||Not Known|
|Wife/ Spouse:||Late Parveen Murada aka Manara Sikri, Actress
Ratna Pathak, Actress
|Children:||Daughter: Heeba Shah, Actress (Daughter from first wife)
Son: Imaad Shah, Vivaan Shah (Both Actors)
|Grandchildren:||Abraham and Iliana
Few Lesser Known Facts About Naseeruddin Shah
- Naseeruddin Shah is a descendant of a 19th-century Sayyid Afgan warlord named Jan-Fishan Khan who later on help british during the Indian Rebellion of 1857.
- Shah’s debut film Nishant (1975), won the National Award in Best film category. Later this movie also nominated for Oscars.
- Even after becoming a mainstream actor, Shah did not give up his passion towards the theatre. In 1977, along with Tom Alter, Benjamin Gilani formed a theatre group named Motley Productions.
- Interestingly, Shah was the first choice for the role of Mahatma Gandhi in film Gandhi (1982), but Ben Kingsley overshadowed him in the audition and grabbed the role.
- For his immense contribution towards the Indian Film Industry, he was awarded the Padma Shri in 1987 followed by Padma Bhusan in 2003.
- Shah was honoured by the lifetime membership of International Film and Television Club of Asian Academy of Film and Television.
- Bad luck always followed Shah, as to date more than 20 featured film have been shelved.
- Shah released his memoir titled And Then One Day in 2014. In this book he mentioned that he has consumed Ganjaa in various stages of his life and credit it with giving him clarity of thought.
- According to various sources, the director of Harry Potter wanted to audition Naseerudin Shah for the role of Albus Dumbledore, after the actor who played the role passed away prior to the shooting of the third edition of the movie series. Shah, however refused the audition and the role was over to english actor Michael Gambon.